Found a new plugin today that is really worth sharing. For years I have been using ‘Maintenance Mode’ plugin for my websites. This reliable plugin was created by Michael Wöhrer and I have to say I had no complaints about it until today when i discovered ‘Ultimate Maintenance Mode’ plugin by SeedProd.
I really love this plugin as it is simple to use and even comes with an option to remove any branding. But perhaps i’m getting ahead of myself, here is a few details about the plug in.
1. Ultimate Maintenance Mode allows for a holding page or splash page to be put onto any wordpress website to block users from entering the website. This is great when going through routine maintenance, or even testing out a new theme.
2. It couldn’t be easier to upload text, links and images in a ‘WYSIWYG’ editor. WYSIWYG stands for What You See Is What You Get, it means that basically all the information to be displayed on the holding page can be entered in a Microsoft Word style interface, no need to HTML or CSS.
3. Custom Background Image allows easy upload of a background picture that will represent the website. This allows users to see that they are on the right website. Also and dont worry about the colour of images as the text is displayed over the image in a nicely styled box.
4. The option to turn off the branding, this is great as clients hate to see free ads up on their website, although I would recommend a donation to the developers if your website is turning over a lot of cash.
5. Finally hit ‘Save Changes’ to see your holding page. Remember if you are logged into the website it will not appear to be working. So try the homepage in a different browser, or just log out. See my results below, happy days.
As you can see my client is doing Kitchen fittings so I picked this picture. So little effort for a great looking holding page. Great work SeedProd. Keep the plugins coming.
Ultimate Maintenance Mode